2 ft x 2 ft Drop-In Ceiling Speaker Tile Talk-Back IP for SIP Endpoint or Multicast Paging
Find A Distributor
The Viking model 22TB-IP Talk-Back 2′ x 2′ ceiling speaker tile replacement enables two-way conversations and end point paging via SIP, yet also allows for standard paging and background music via multicast. The Talk-Back Ceiling Speaker easily connects with a single CAT5/6 cable from your PoE switch. Its 2’ x 2’ size, shallow depth and lightweight design make for quick and easy installation in drop/suspended ceilings. The paging ceiling speaker aesthetically pleasing white grill blends in with existing ceiling tiles and air vents.
An auxiliary switch input allows for a hard wired wall mounted button to initiate a SIP paging call. A momentary button press will initiate a standard call, and holding the button for 3 or more seconds will initiate an emergency call. The integrated high sensitivity microphone enables talkback paging and also monitors room noise to automatically increase the overhead ceiling speaker volume when necessary. Line level audio output connections are provided for connecting to an external amplifier. The 22TB-IP has an integrated 6 Watt amplifier allowing its ceiling speaker output connections to directly drive up to 5 additional analog speakers. A programmable relay output is provided for activating door locks, strobe lights, external amplifiers, etc. A programmable blue status LED is provided to indicate paging, SIP call, and network registration.
- Amplified SIP endpoint or multicast IP paging for: schools, hospitals,retail stores, office spaces, etc.
- Provide background music and sound masking
- Make standard and/or emergency SIP phone calls via hands free talk-back speaker
- Background music and emergency calls for elevator applications retail stores, office spaces, etc.
- Mount in the ceiling above the door and use the existing door bell switch to activate a call
- SIP compliant (see page two for list of compatible SIP servers and IP phone systems)
- PoE powered (class 3, <13 Watts)
- Up to 28 second ID announcement (uploaded from wave file or recorded live)
- Paging prioritization
- Plays audio from multicast
- SIP endpoint or multicast group member
- Supports up to 10 multicast paging groups
- Add an optional SL-2 blue, green, red or amber strobe light (see DOD 242)
- Blue call status LED indicator
- Automatic Noise Canceling (ANC) feature for operation in noisy environments
- Viking’s proprietary VOX switching eliminates the need for “Push to Talk” mode
- Selectable auto-answer feature for monitoring
- Autoprovisioning via Viking programming software
- Built-in high efficiency 6 Watt class D amplifier
- Can drive up to 5 external analog speakers for greater coverage
- Relay for activating door locks, strobe lights, external amplifiers, etc.
- SIP/Multicast: SIP page, SIP page and zoned multicast stream, zoned multicast receive
- Support for access code to prevent unwanted SIP calls
- Line-level audio output for connecting to an external amplifier
- Hangs up on: busy signal, time-out, or touch tone command
- Network remote speaker volume control
- Mounting: Drop mounts into 2 x 2 or 2 x 4 suspended ceilings
- Heavy duty back box protects speaker and circuitry against plenum dust
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) to automatically increase ring volume to compensate for ambient noise
- Diagnostics for testing microphone, speaker and relay
- Programmable pre page alert tone
- Power: PoE class 3 (<13 Watts)
- Dimensions: 23.75” x 23.75” x 3.75” (603.25mm x 603.25mm x 95.25mm)
- Shipping Weight: 5.0 lbs (2.27 kg)
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 140°F (-40° C to 60° C)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Audio Codecs: G711u, G722* and G711a*
- Network Compliance: IEEE 802.3 af PoE, SIP 2.0 RFC3261, 100BASE-TX with auto cross over
- Connections: (1) RJ45 10/100 Base-T, (1) 8 position terminal block
- Sensitivity: 96dB / 1W / 1M S.P. Level
- Maximum Output Level: 105 dB SPL @ 1M (with no additional Speakers connected)
- Amplifier: 6 Watt class D
*NOTE: The 22TB-IP does not support multicast paging using the G722 or G711a Codec.