2 ft x 2 ft Drop-In Ceiling Tile Talk-Back IP Speaker for SIP Endpoint or Multicast Paging
Find A Distributor
The Viking model 22TB-IP Talk-Back 2′ x 2′ ceiling tile replacement speaker enables two-way conversations and end point paging via SIP, yet also allows for standard paging and background music via multicast. The Talk-Back Speaker easily connects with a single CAT5/6 cable from your PoE switch. Its 2’ x 2’ size, shallow depth and light weight design make for a quick and easy installation in drop/suspended ceilings. The speaker’s aesthetically pleasing white grill blends in with existing ceiling tiles and air vents.
An auxiliary switch input allows for a hard wired wall mounted button to initiate a SIP call. A momentary button press will initiate a standard call, and holding the button for 3 or more seconds will initiate an emergency call. The integrated high sensitivity microphone enables talk-back and also monitors room noise to automatically increase the speaker volume when necessary. Line level audio output connections are provided for connecting to an external amplifier. The 22TB-IP has an integrated 6 Watt amplifier allowing its speaker output connections to directly drive up to 5 additional analog speakers. A programmable relay output is provided for activating door locks, strobe lights, external amplifiers, etc. A programmable blue status LED is provided to indicate paging, SIP call and network registration.
- Amplified SIP endpoint or multicast IP paging for: schools, hospitals,retail stores, office spaces, etc.
- Provide background music and sound masking
- Make standard and/or emergency SIP phone calls via hands free talk-back speaker
- Background music and emergency calls for elevator applications retail stores, office spaces, etc.
- Mount in the ceiling above the door and use the existing door bell switch to activate a call
- SIP compliant (see page two for list of compatible SIP servers and IP phone systems)
- PoE powered (class 3, <13 Watts)
- Up to 28 second ID announcement (uploaded from wave file or recorded live)
- Paging prioritization
- Plays audio from multicast
- SIP endpoint or multicast group member
- Supports up to 10 multicast paging groups
- Add an optional SL-2 blue, green, red or amber strobe light (see DOD 242)
- Blue call status LED indicator
- Automatic Noise Canceling (ANC) feature for operation in noisy environments
- Viking’s proprietary VOX switching eliminates the need for “Push to Talk” mode
- Selectable auto-answer feature for monitoring
- Autoprovisioning via Viking programming software
- Built-in high efficiency 6 Watt class D amplifier
- Can drive up to 5 external analog speakers for greater coverage
- Relay for activating door locks, strobe lights, external amplifiers, etc.
- SIP/Multicast: SIP page, SIP page and zoned multicast stream, zoned multicast receive
- Support for access code to prevent unwanted SIP calls
- Line-level audio output for connecting to an external amplifier
- Hangs up on: busy signal, time-out, or touch tone command
- Network remote speaker volume control
- Mounting: Drop mounts into 2 x 2 or 2 x 4 suspended ceilings
- Heavy duty back box protects speaker and circuitry against plenum dust
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) to automatically increase ring volume to compensate for ambient noise
- Diagnostics for testing microphone, speaker and relay
- Programmable pre page alert tone
- Power: PoE class 3 (<13 Watts)
- Dimensions: 23.75” x 23.75” x 3.75” (603.25mm x 603.25mm x 95.25mm)
- Shipping Weight: 5.0 lbs (2.27 kg)
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 140°F (-40° C to 60° C)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Audio Codecs: G711u, G722* and G711a*
- Network Compliance: IEEE 802.3 af PoE, SIP 2.0 RFC3261, 100BASE-TX with auto cross over
- Connections: (1) RJ45 10/100 Base-T, (1) 8 position terminal block
- Sensitivity: 96dB / 1W / 1M S.P. Level
- Maximum Output Level: 105 dB SPL @ 1M (with no additional Speakers connected)
- Amplifier: 6 Watt class D
*NOTE: The 22TB-IP does not support multicast paging using the G722 or G711a Codec.