Master Clock / Network Clock Controlled Tones or Messages Over a Paging System
FIND A DISTRIBUTOR
Viking’s model CTG-2A is a networked clock controlled tone / message generator designed to provide accurately timed tones and / or messages over an existing paging system. This provides a cost effective way of signaling school period changes, factory shifts, breaks, lunch periods, etc. The CTG-2A has four programmable trigger inputs which are ideal for triggering emergency alert tones / messages to indicate fire evacuation, severe weather, lock down, all clear or can be used in store caster applications for “customer service required” announcements, etc. The CTG-2A can also be used as a master clock to synchronize Viking CL Series wireless clocks, see DOD 466.
The CTG-2A comes equipped with up to 6 minutes of CD quality WAV file audio storage for up to 14 different tones / messages. The unit is factory loaded with common school, business, and factory tones but can be programmed with your custom tones / messages or updated from the list of WAV files from the Viking website.
The CTG-2A can be programmed with up to 14 schedules and up to 1,000 events allowing you to program an entire year or multiple years of schedules in advance. The CTG-2A’s extremely accurate time base can be manually synchronized, synchronized with 50 or 60 Hz power or can be programmed to periodically synchronize to network or internet time.
The CTG-2A comes with programming software and a network port to allow PC programming of timed events, schedules, clock synchronization, wave file download, message volume, day light savings time, auxiliary relay control, etc.
- Signal the beginning and end of class periods, breaks and lunch periods for schools
- Signal the beginning and end of shifts, breaks and lunch periods for factories / businesses
- Provide trigger controlled emergency alert messages for fire, flood, severe weather, lock down, etc.
- Provide messages at specific times for store sales, promotions, closing times, airport loading zones, etc.
- Provide auxiliary contact activation at specific times for specific durations for controlling lights, cameras, unlocking doors / gates, etc.
- The CTG-2A can also be used as a Master Clock to synchronize Viking CL Series wireless clocks (DOD 466)
- Up to 14 schedules and up to 1,000 events
- 6 minutes of CD quality WAV file record time
- Up to 14 different tones or messages
- 4 programmable trigger inputs for emergency tones, etc.
- Automatic Daylight Saving Time and leap year correction
- Programmable NTP Clock synchronization
- PC programming software included
- RS485 clock SYNC terminals for remote Master Clock control of Viking CL Series RF synchronized clocks
- Non-volatile memory with 4 day clock back up
- Factory loaded with school / factory tones and evacuation signals (ANSI S3.41), etc.
- Remote program via TCP / IP network
- Page trigger outputs (12VDC and DPDT relay)
- Programmable auxiliary relay contacts (DPDT)
- 24 hour digital clock displays hours and minutes
- One mono line level pre-amp input and audio output
- Built-in 1 Watt mono audio amplifier
- One isolated audio output for PABX / dial access paging
- Master volume control
- Programmable volume control per tone / message
- Time base selection: Network, 50 / 60Hz or internal
- Programmable message repeat count for trigger inputs
- Power: 120VAC / 13.8VAC 1.25A UL listed adapter provided
- Maximum Current Draw: 650mA
- Dimensions: 8.25″ x 6.25″ x 1.75″ (210mm x 159mm x 45mm)
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 lbs (1.5 kg)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 90°F (0°C to 32°C)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Preamp (Audio 1 / Audio 2) Output: 6VRMS across 600 Ohms
- Paging Amplifier Output: 1 Watt – powers up to (2) 8 Ohm or (12) 45 Ohm speakers
- Sound Pressure Level: 85dB @ 1 meter (loud electronic warble from 25AE paging horn)
- Maximum Speaker Output Wire Run: 300 ft (91m), 18AWG
- Maximum Load on Page Trigger Output: 750 Ohm (15mA)
- WAV File Resolution: 16 bit or 8 bit
- WAV File Sampling Rate:
- 44.1K (90 seconds total)
- 22K (3 minutes total)
- 11K (6 minutes total)
- Time Base: 50 / 60 Hz or internal with NTP clock sync
- Internal Time Base Accuracy: +/- 2ppm (63 seconds per year) without network time sync or manual adjustment
- Internal Clock Backup Time: 4 days
- DPDT Relay Contact Rating: 1A @ 30VDC / 0.5A @ 125VAC, 250VAC maximum
- Connections: (1) RJ45 network jack, (29) cage clamp screw terminals