Power Failure Bypass System or Ground to Loop Start Converter
Find A Distributor
The PF-6A power failure bypass system makes it possible to receive calls during phone system and power outages. The PF-6A bypass unit connects 6 pre-assigned single line station phones directly to user-assigned CO trunks. A built-in ground start converter permits outbound calls from standard phones.
When the system is restored, calls in progress are not lost. The PF-6A bypass unit will reconnect phones to their station circuits after they become idle.
The PF-6A can be configured to operate when power is lost or from an opening/closing of an alarm contact or manual closure.
Alternatively, the PF-6A can be used to convert six incoming ground start lines to loop start lines. This accommodates installation of telephony equipment requiring loop start lines (example: key systems, call sequencers, answering machines, voice mail, etc.)
- Prevents busy signals or unanswered calls during power and system failures
- Converts ground start lines to standard loop start lines
- Transfers six CO trunks directly to the designated analog station phones
- Stackable to increase capacity
- Allows user to receive calls, as well as make calls during power or system failure
- Compatible with loop start lines or 48V ground start lines
- Automatic ground start converter eliminates “ground start buttons”
- Power restoration will not interrupt calls in progress
- Operates on power failure or normally open – normally closed alarm contacts
- Power: 120 V AC/13.8V AC 1.25A, UL listed adapter provided or 24-48V DC, 100mA
- Dimensions: 211mm x 160mm x 46mm (8.3” x 6.5” x 1.8”)
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 kg (2.6 lbs)
- Environmental: 0°C to 32°C (32°F to 90°F) with 5% to 95% non-condensing humidity
- Connections: (1) RJ21X, (1) RJ11