IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A VIKING PRODUCT PLEASE CONTACT:
VIKING TECHNICAL SUPPORT AT (715) 386-8666
Our Technical Support Department is available for assistance Monday to Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm central time. So that we can give you better service, before you call please:
- Know the model number, the serial number and what software version you have (see serial label).
- Have your Product Manual in front of you.
- It is best if you are on site.
RETURNING PRODUCT FOR REPAIR
The following procedure is for equipment that needs repair:
- Customer must contact Viking’s Technical Support Department at 715-386-8666 to obtain a Return Authorization (RA) number. The customer MUST have a complete description of the problem, with all pertinent information regarding the defect, such as options set, conditions, symptoms, methods to duplicate problem, frequency of failure, etc.
- Packing: Return equipment in original box or in proper packing so that damage will not occur while in transit. Static sensitive equipment such as a circuit board should be in an anti-static bag, sandwiched between foam and individually boxed. All equipment should be wrapped to avoid packing material lodging in or sticking to the equipment. Include ALL parts of the equipment. C.O.D. or freight collect shipments cannot be accepted. Ship cartons prepaid to: Viking Electronics, 1531 Industrial Street, Hudson, WI 54016
- Return shipping address: Be sure to include your return shipping address inside the box. We cannot ship to a P.O. Box.
- RA number on carton: In large printing, write the R.A. number on the outside of each carton being returned.
RETURNING PRODUCT FOR EXCHANGE
The following procedure is for equipment that has failed out-of-box (within 10 days of purchase):
- Customer must contact Viking’s Technical Support at 715-386-8666 to determine possible causes for the problem. The customer MUST be able to step through recommended tests for diagnosis.
- If the Technical Support Product Specialist determines that the equipment is defective based on the customer’s input and troubleshooting, a Return Authorization (R.A.) number will be issued. This number is valid for fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of issue.
- After obtaining the R.A. number, return the approved equipment to your distributor, referencing the R.A. number. Your distributor will then replace the product over the counter at no charge. The distributor will then return the product to Viking using the same R.A. number.
- The distributor will NOT exchange this product without first obtaining the R.A. number from you. If you haven’t followed the steps listed in 1, 2 and 3, be aware that you will have to pay a restocking charge.
TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Viking warrants its products to be free from defects in the workmanship or materials, under normal use and service, for a period of two years from the date of purchase from any authorized Viking distributor. If at any time during the warranty period, the product is deemed defective or malfunctions, return the product to Viking Electronics, Inc., 1531 Industrial Street, Hudson, WI., 54016. Customer must contact Viking’s Technical Support Department at 715-386-8666 to obtain a Return Authorization (R.A.) number.
This warranty does not cover any damage to the product due to lightning, over voltage, under voltage, accident, misuse, abuse, negligence or any damage caused by use of the product by the purchaser or others. This warranty does not cover non-EWP products that have been exposed to wet or corrosive environments. This warranty does not cover stainless steel surfaces that have not been properly maintained.
NO OTHER WARRANTIES. VIKING MAKES NO WARRANTIES RELATING TO ITS PRODUCTS OTHER THAN AS DESCRIBED ABOVE AND DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
EXCLUSION OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. VIKING SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO PURCHASER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY, FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SALE OR USE OF THE PRODUCT SOLD HEREUNDER.
EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. WHETHER IN AN ACTION BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, ANY LIABILITY OF VIKING SHALL BE LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT, OR AT VIKING’S OPTION, REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE AS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND ANY LIABILITY OF VIKING SHALL BE SO LIMITED.
IT IS EXPRESSLY UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED THAT EACH AND EVERY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT WHICH PROVIDES FOR DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, EXCLUSION OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, ARE SEVERABLE FROM ANY OTHER PROVISION AND EACH PROVISION IS A SEPARABLE AND INDEPENDENT ELEMENT OF RISK ALLOCATION AND IS INTENDED TO BE ENFORCED AS SUCH.